With over 100 different types of health care professions, exploration is key to finding which one fits you best!
- Investigate the fields you are interested in first! There are many great resources on the web, such as Explorehealthcareers.org , or www.learnhowtobecome.org
- Explore allied health careers
- Guide to salaries in healthcare
- How long will it take you to start your career? See the Medical careers timeline
- Allow enough lead time if you have a deadline. Job shadowing is in high demand - be mindful that there may be many others applying for the same experience you are
Foundation Health Partners job shadowing policies state:
- Applicants must be 16 years or older
- Students ages 16-17 will only be allowed one 4-hour job shadow per year
- FHP Student Services cannot offer more than 20 hours per student and no more than 4 hours in a single department per day
- Hours are not guaranteed to be granted to applicants
*Due to FHP hospital/clinic visitor restrictions related to COVID-19, we are NOT accepting Job Shadow applications at this time.