With over 100 different types of health care professions, exploration is key to finding which one fits you best!
Looking for an up-close experience? Job shadowing helps those who are interested in a health career decide which area is right for them.
Helpful tips when considering a job shadow experience:
- Investigate the fields you are interested in first! There are many great resources on the web; we have found this one helpful: explorehealthcareers.org ;
- Research facilities in your area before you apply to see what services they offer! For instance, don't apply to shadow a veterinarian at a podiatry clinic;
- Allow enough time if you have a deadline. Job shadowing is in high demand - be mindful that there may be many others applying for the same experience
Foundation Health Partners job shadowing policies state:
- Applicant must be 16 years or older;
- FHP Student Services cannot offer more than 20 hours per student and no more than 4 hours in a single department per day;
- Students aged 16-17 will only be allowed one 4 hour job shadow per year
** Due to high volumes, please allow 30 days from receipt of application for placement. Processing times may be shorter or longer depending on the requested department/field.